Friday, June 22

Ink, drawing, mess and blues





With an exhibition coming up, I have been making some drawings to accompany some pots. As my making process always begins on paper, drawing and mark making it is nice to return to it once a form has been made. It is also an opportunity to reflect and to play with objects and paper, exploring interaction between the 2D and the 3D.


Sitting next to a textiles artist in the studio is making me want to play with thread (without dipping it in ink or clay!) and perhaps creating some embroidery s to accompany a cup or two.


I’ve a kiln of pots in at the moment, as this is my first glaze batch I nearly a year with all new glazes I’m nervous of the outcome but I will continue to remind myself that I can only learn from mistakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment